Bike ride - the wineries route
GOOGLE MAP LINK
Here you are on your bike, ready to set off and discover the surrounding castles. We suggest a 9km loop to discover some of our neighbours.
To view the route : Google map
If you have any doubts about your journey, don't hesitate to contact us on 05 57 83 83 83.
Enjoy the ride!
ROUTE step by step
- From the Sources de Caudalie reception, take the road on your left.
- Continue for a few metres to the junction with chemin du Carosse and turn right.
- At the stop sign, turn left and follow Le Chemin Le Thil. After a few metres, you will see our beautiful Chartreuse du Thil on your right. Continue along this road.
- Stay on the tarmac road, passing Château Le Pape on your left.
- At the Stop sign, take the middle road, Chemin de Pargade.
- At the next stop sign, follow the road in front of you: Chemin de Pargade.
- Follow this road to the next yield sign and turn left onto Avenue de Cadaujac.
- Follow the Avenue de Cadaujac for around 1 km and enjoy the beautiful scenery and Châteaux on offer: Château La Louvière and Château Haut Bailly, two grands-crus classés from Pessac Léognan.
- Once here, you will see Château Larrivet Haut Brion on your left, so turn left at the château. Go through the château's main entrance and enjoy its pretty grounds.
- Follow the main path through the vineyards, once you reach the junction turn right and follow the small gravel path.
- At the end of this gravel path, you will arrive in front of the Jean Jaurès school in Léognan. Continue straight ahead and pass the car park. At the stop sign, take the road in front of you: Route Emile Zola.
- Continue for around 300 metres on rue Emile Zola and turn left at the intersection with avenue Montesquieu.
- At the stop sign, turn left onto Avenue de la Brède. Continue to the next roundabout and take the second exit. Join the cycle path.
- Follow the cycle path for about 1.3km and turn left onto the dirt track leading to Château de Rochemorin. Note that you cannot see Château Cantelys, only its vines.
- Once you have left the Château de Rochemorin, turn left onto the Chemin du Carrosse. Continue on the same road for 1.5km before arriving at Les Sources de Caudalie.